Sheltie survives, but a Wii bit sore
A five-month-old miniature Sheltie got a little too close to the action when his owners were playing Nintendo Wii bowling and was knocked out by a blow to the head from a handheld remote.
The owner of Ozzy, in Marquette, Michigan, initially thought she had killed the dog.
“We had just got the Wii for Christmas,” explained owner Kathy White, “so we were trying it out, and that’s when Alexis and I were bowling and Ozzy was standing by me and he jumped up and I hit him in the temple …”
White says Ozzy wasn’t moving or breathing, so she called a neighbor for help. The neighbor checked the dog’s pulse, sensed that it had stopped and blew into the dog’s nose. On the fourth or fifth breath Ozzy coughed and woke up.
The dog suffered brain swelling and was in cardiac arrest when he arrived at the vet, but is now almost back to normal, his family told WBBH-TV.
Ozzy is no longer allowed in the room when the family plays the game.
Posted by John Woestendiek January 14th, 2009 under Muttsblog.
Tags: bowling, dog, health, injured, injury, marquette, michigan, news, nintendo, ozzy, pet, remote, safety, sheltie, video games, warning, wii