Win your dog some healthful holiday snacks
(UPDATE: All five winners have been named.)
Given that our friends at K-9 Kraving have offered to serve up the prizes, we’ve put together another ohmidog! contest, designed to test your doggie news knowledge and sneakily take you to places on our website you might not have been before.
The first five readers who answer all ten questions correctly, in the form of comments attached to this entry, will win a K-9 Kraving “Fido Friendly Holiday Feast” from the makers of the only USDA-certified, natural, vitamin enriched raw diet dog food.
The Fido Friendly Holiday Feast is designed to allow dogs to enjoy the festive flavors of the holiday season without worrying about the unsavory after-effects of eating human table scraps, and it includes an 8 oz. bag of turkey and cranberry canine cookies, a sweet potato canine cookie, a duck and pumpkin canine cookie, a K-9 Kraving flying disc and brochure.
For a couple of the answers, I’ve provided links to help you get started. For the rest, you’ll have to navigate on your own. Hint: Use our search bar. Note: on some browsers, due to a quirk, you have to scroll waaaaay down the page to get the search results. We’re working on it.
Here’s the quiz:
1. What is the state dog of Louisiana?
2. Name one book that is mentioned on our “Good Dog Reads” page. (Clue: Check the tabs at the top of our rightside rail.)
3. Name one movie available in our Amazon “Dogs in the Movies” collection. (Clue: Check lower down on the rightside rail.)
4. Who is Newt’s Nook named after?
5. What is the name of the chocolate Labrador who was so rudely ousted from his gas station job in Florida recently?
6. What two cities still have giant statues of Nipper — the RCA Victor mascot — sitting atop buildings?
7. What female singer sings the praises of dogs as companions (over men) in a song called “Man of the Hour” on her recently released album?
8. Name three of the six things that K-9 Kraving Raw Diet Dog Food does not contain. (Hint: Find their advertisement on our left side rail, click on it, and read the second paragraph of their home page).
9. Who will be the voice of “Marmaduke” in the upcoming 20th Century Fox movie based on the comic strip?
10. If two trains leave the station at exactly the same time, one headed east, one headed west, both traveling at 90 miles per hour, and you were on one of them, and it had Internet, what dog website would you be most likely to read? (Hint: It starts with an “o“)
(Be sure and include your email address along with your answers. If you’re one of the five winners — the first five who submit comments correctly answering all 10 questions — we’ll contact you for shipping information. Prizes and shipping courtesy of K9 Kraving. Contest open only to residents of the (sorry Alaska and Hawaii) continental U.S. Offer void where prohibited, whatever that means. Employees of ohmidog! and their families and K-9 Kraving, and their families, are not eligible.)
Posted by jwoestendiek December 10th, 2009 under Muttsblog.
Tags: christmas, contest, dog, dog food, dog treats, dogs, free, healthy, holiday, k9 kraving, national, ohmidog!, prize, quiz, snacks, treats, u.s., win