Mans’ best friend eats girls’ best friend
A dog hanging out in his owner’s jewelry store ate a diamond worth $20,000.
Worse yet, it wasn’t even one of the store’s diamonds, but one that a diamond dealer was showing off to the owners at Robert Bernard Jewelry Store, located in, of all places, Rockville, Md.
The diamond dealer dropped the gem when he pulled it out, and the store owner’s golden retriever, named Soli, scarfed it right up,WJLA reported.
The store owners called Soli’s vet, who advised letting nature take its course.
“It was not that pleasant,” said George Kaufmann, co-owner of Robert Bernard Jewelers. “I followed him; I had to pick up his stuff; I had to go through the things. I can understand what it was like in the old Gold Rush. I felt like I had just hit pay dirt.”
After three days, the diamond exited Soli and was returned to the dealer.
Posted by John Woestendiek March 12th, 2010 under Muttsblog, videos.
Tags: animals, dealer, diamond, dog, dogs, excrement, gem, george kaufmann, golden retriever, jewel, jewelry, jewelry store, maryland, news, ohmidog!, pets, poop. waste, robert bernard jewelers, rockville, soli, swallowed, swallows