Dog trapped in car honks til he’s freed
Nancy Soares said the 11-year-old chocolate Labrador — named Max — was brought to the Macungie Animal Hospital last month after he had been in the car for about an hour.
She said Max’s owner, Donna Gardner, of Upper Macungie Township, had gone shopping, returned home, unloaded her packages, but forgot that Max was still in the car. The owner later heard the horn honking, checked outside, then went back in. When she heard the horn honking again, she went outside and saw Max sitting in the driver’s seat, WFMZ reported.
Soares said the owner immediately gave Max cold water to drink and wet him down with towels before rushing him to the clinic, where — though he was warm and panting heavily — he was determined to have suffered no lasting injuries.
Posted by John Woestendiek July 14th, 2010 under Muttsblog.
Tags: alerted, animals, car, chocolate, dog, donna gardner, health, heat, honk, honked, honks, horn, inside, lab, labrador, left, macungie animal hospital, nancy soares, owner, pennsylvania, pets, retriever, safety, summer, trapped, veterinarian