Seattle woman saves dogs from house fire
A Seattle woman who saw two dogs with their noses pressed against the window of a burning home jumped out of her car, hosed her shirt down, broke a window in the house and saved the two dogs trapped inside.
Kim Swanson suffered smoke inhalation in the process and was treated at the scene, a spokesman for the Seattle Fire Department said.
Swanson and Karen Jacobs were driving home after dinner when they saw the fire. Jacobs called 911 while Swanson sprung into action.
After breaking the window, she entered the home, picked up the two small dogs, named Angus and Babu, and passed them through the window to Jacobs. Both dogs escaped injury.
“I had taken off my shirt and sprayed it down with a hose I found in back, and then put it over my face and head,” Swanson told KOMO.
The fire was mostly contained to the attic, where an electrical problem started the blaze.
Posted by jwoestendiek August 23rd, 2011 under Muttsblog, videos.
Tags: angus, animals, babu, burning, dogs, fire, house, karen jacobs, kim swanson, komo, news, pets, rescue, saved, seattle, smoke inhalation