Police say couple fed LSD to dachshund
UPDATE: Oscar, the dachshund who was hit by a car after being fed a gummy worm laced with LSD, has been euthanized
A dog who police say was fed LSD was hit by a car in Snellville, Georgia, Sunday night.
Police questioned a couple at their home after recieving reports that they had been running naked through the neighborhood.
The man and woman were taken to a hospital, and, on the way, told EMT’s that they had taken LSD and had given some to Oscar, a long-haired dachshund, according to a police report about the incident, reprinted on The Smoking Gun website.
Police later learned the dog had been hit by a vehicle on a nearby road.
Snellville police Capt. Harold Thomas said Nicholas Modrich and Jamie Hughes, both 25, will face drug charges and possible animal cruelty charges.
“They were tripping pretty hard,” Thomas told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Two family members were bitten by Oscar when, after getting word he’d been hit by a car, they went to recover him.
He was later picked up by Gwinnett Animal Control, then transferred to an animal hospital. The extent of his injuries wasn’t known.
Posted by jwoestendiek November 1st, 2011 under Muttsblog.
Tags: acid, animals, arrest, car, dachshund, dog, dog fed lsd, dogs, drugs, euthanized, fed, georgia, injured, law enforcement, lsd, naked, oscar, pets, police, running, snellville, struck