Needles in hot dog lead to dog’s death
Jinx, a black Lab, was euthanized after surgery showed needles — more than 20 of which she had vomited up — had perforated her stomach.
“I miss her the most when I drop food on the floor and look down and realize she isn’t there to clean up after me,” 16-year-old Ryleigh Wann, of Monroe, Michigan, said of her dog.
Ryleigh’s father, Andy Wann of Monroe, went to police after a veterinarian, finding more than 20 needles still in the dog’s stomach and intestines, euthanized Jinx.
Accused in the 8-year-old dog’s death is 64-year-old Gary Pinchoff, who lives two doors down from Wann. Pinchoff told the Toledo Blade Tuesday that he put the needles inside pieces of hot dog to chase away wildlife that had been destroying his garden, and he never intended to harm anyone’s pet.
The Monroe News reported that a warrant was issued for Pinchoff’s arrest yesterday.
Posted by jwoestendiek December 8th, 2011 under Muttsblog.
Tags: andy wann, animal cruelty, animals, black lab, complaints, cruelty to animals, dogs, euthanized, gary pinchoff, hot dogs, ingested, intestines, jinx, labrador, michigan, monroe, needles, neighbor, pets, retriever, stomach