Montana man charged with getting dog drunk on vodka
A Helena, Montana, man has been charged with animal cruelty after his dog was found to have a blood alcohol level four times the legal limit for humans driving motor vehicles.
Police responded to a call about an intoxicated dog at Smith’s Bar, where customers and staff were caring for the dog, a Pomeranian mix named Arly II.
According to police, the dog had trouble walking and standing.
Witnesses told police the dog had been given vodka in a car outside the bar.
Police took the dog to Alpine Animal Clinic, where veterinarian Dr. Michelle Richardson drew blood. Tests showed a blood-alcohol level of 0.348 percent. The legal limit for driving is 0.08 percent.
Arly II stayed at the animal hospital a few days and is now at the Lewis and Clark Humane Society pending the outcome of the criminal case, the Helena Independent Record reported.
Todd Harold Schrier, 49, was charged with animal cruelty and a felony drug charge related to the March 1 incident.
Posted by jwoestendiek March 23rd, 2012 under Muttsblog.
Tags: alcohol, animal cruelty, animals, arly, arly II, arrest, blook alcohol, cruelty to animals, dog, dogs, drink, drunk, helena, intoxicated, level, montana, pets, poisoning, pomeranian, smiths bar, todd schrier, vodka