1. They wouldn’t give overly long acceptance speeches.
2. They wouldn’t waste huge amounts of money on gowns.
3. They would deal better with both victory and defeat.
4. We like them, we really like them.
5. They could get to the stage much more quickly.
6. It makes more sense than Michael Vick getting a “Courage Award.”
7. They’ve been snubbed as a species by the academy for far too long.
8. Their ego and bank accounts don’t require constant feeding — just themselves.
9. Oscar chew toys would be cheaper than statuettes
10. The red carpet is probably cleaned every year anyway.
(Photo: From the movie “Hotel for Dogs)
Posted by jwoestendiek March 7th, 2010 under Muttsblog.
Tags: academy, academy awards, animals, awards, best performance by a dog, courage award, dog, dogs, eligible, film, gowns, humor, list, michael vick, motion pictures, movies, oscars, pets, reasons, red carpet