As yet more proof that dogs eat the strangest things, a terrier required veterinary treatment after wolfing down one of his owner’s silicone falsies.
The incident — despite its vast pun potential — was straightforwardly reported on Dogster back in August, in a dispatch written by the veterinarian, Dr. Eric Barchas.
“Last night at the emergency hospital a nurse carried a five-year-old Terrier cross into the treatment room. She advised me matter-of-factly that the dog had consumed a fake breast three hours earlier.”
Barchas determined that the fake breast, while not toxic, would ultimately lodge in the dog’s intestines — the dog being only 15 pounds and the breast being a size B.
With only three hours having passed since ingestion, the vet decided to try to make the dog vomit. The clients authorized the procedure — and the vet forced the dog to vomit with an intravenous injection of a drug called apomorphine.
“The dog vomited copious dog food, a moderate amount of grass, several small twigs, an ear plug, some yarn, and a fake breast, size B,” Barchas wrote. Forty-five minutes later the dog was ready to go home. Barchas didn’t mention how much he billed the family, apparently heeding the Biblical advice:
“Beware of falsie profits.”
Posted by John Woestendiek October 15th, 2009 under Muttsblog.
Tags: boob, breast, consumed, dog, dogs, eat, eaten, eats, eric barchas, fake, falsie, silicone, swallowed, terrier, vet, veterinarian, veterinary, vomit
A woman in Australia who received a $200 citation for unregistered dogs thinks the inspectors who cited her may have been barking up the wrong tree.
The two dogs in Mishka Gamble’s front yard are fiberglass.
Gamble does have a dog, a 15-year old shih-tzu who rarely goes outside, and then only uses the backyard. She thinks the inspectors mistook her fiberglass dogs — a Staffordshire terrier and a blue heeler — for the real thing.
Gamble told The Cairns Post she was shocked when she received a notice saying she had seven days to pay $200 for the registration of two dogs. “I certainly don’t have two dogs,” she said.
“I’ve got a fiberglass pig and sheep. Do I need to register them too?”
Earlier this month, the Cairns Regional Council came under fire for its dog audit after issuing 61 advisory notices to homes that, it turned out, didn’t have dogs. One resident was given a notice for having a cat bowl in the yard.
Gamble said she had since registered her “real” dog.
(Photo from The Cairns Post/CHRIS HYDE)
Posted by John Woestendiek September 15th, 2009 under Muttsblog.
Tags: australia, cairns, citation, dogs, fake, fiberglass, fibreglass, funny, issued, lawn ornaments, mishka gamble, news, regional council, registration, statues, ticket, weird