Asian countries always seem to be out in front when it comes to new ways to manipulate dogs.
China brought us dogs dyed to resemble wild animals. South Korea was the first, and is still the only, country to clone a dog. Now, in another example of finding novel things to do with dogs — thankfully a less harmful one — groomers in Japan have come up with a new twist on canine hair styling, namely turning your dog into a cube.
Or, if you prefer, a circle.
It’s an official “craze” in Japan, or so the Daily Mail reported recently.
“It came about because people were always looking for more impressive haircuts,” said groomer Tain Yeh, 42, who runs a parlor in Taipei, “Somebody came up with the idea of shaping the dog like a hedge.”
And, given social media’s knack for getting us to do silly things, it’s catching on.
Many are now opting to give their dog the cubed look simply to get more likes and shares on social media sites, the Daily Mail reported.
Maybe it’s not as revolting as some other fads we fall for when it comes to our dogs, but it is another example of how some people try to turn dogs into something they aren’t — in this case, a hedge.
In my opinion, such fancy, boxy, geometric trims should be reserved for the boxwood and bonsai. Why would anyone want their dog to look like something growing in the garden, or that has stepped out of a primitive video game?
Cutting edge as it might be, I wonder why we can’t enjoy them just the way they are.
Posted by John Woestendiek June 8th, 2015 under Muttsblog, videos.
Tags: animals, circle, cube, dog, dogs, fad, fashion, groomers, grooming, haircut, hedge, japan, pets, square, trend, trim
We’re not taking credit (or blame) for these, just passing them along, as they were passed along to us — the top 10 Pet Peeves of Dogs:
1. Blaming your farts on me … Not funny … Not funny at all.
2. Yelling at me for barking. I’M A DAMN DOG.
3.Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is this anyway?
4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose. Stop it!
5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you’re not home.
6. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Woo hooo! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.
7. Taking me to the vet for ‘the big snip’, then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back!
8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I haven’t quite mastered that handshake thing yet.
9.Dog sweaters. Hello??? Haven’t you noticed the fur?
10.How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth. You’re just jealous.
Posted by John Woestendiek July 25th, 2009 under Muttsblog.
Tags: barking, behavior, dogs, fake fetch, fart, food, haircut, humor, lick, list, nose, peeves, pet, pet peeves, sniff, sweaters, top ten, walks