Jinx, a black Lab, was euthanized after surgery showed needles — more than 20 of which she had vomited up — had perforated her stomach.
“I miss her the most when I drop food on the floor and look down and realize she isn’t there to clean up after me,” 16-year-old Ryleigh Wann, of Monroe, Michigan, said of her dog.
Ryleigh’s father, Andy Wann of Monroe, went to police after a veterinarian, finding more than 20 needles still in the dog’s stomach and intestines, euthanized Jinx.
Accused in the 8-year-old dog’s death is 64-year-old Gary Pinchoff, who lives two doors down from Wann. Pinchoff told the Toledo Blade Tuesday that he put the needles inside pieces of hot dog to chase away wildlife that had been destroying his garden, and he never intended to harm anyone’s pet.
The Monroe News reported that a warrant was issued for Pinchoff’s arrest yesterday.
Posted by jwoestendiek December 8th, 2011 under Muttsblog.
Tags: andy wann, animal cruelty, animals, black lab, complaints, cruelty to animals, dogs, euthanized, gary pinchoff, hot dogs, ingested, intestines, jinx, labrador, michigan, monroe, needles, neighbor, pets, retriever, stomach
Animal control officers in Connecticut are asking for the public’s help in solving the mystery of a dead pit bull found in a trash bag hanging from a tree near a highway.
Authorities say bloody clothing, needles and syringes were also in the bag, found near a highway in the town of Orange on Saturday. It’s not clear how the dog, a 1- to 2-year-old female, died, according to the Register Citizen in Litchfield County.
The pit bull had puncture wounds on its shoulder and officials are looking into whether it was used in dogfighting rings. A necropsy is being conducted at the University of Connecticut.
The resident who found the bag called police about 12:30 p.m. Saturday. Officers took pictures of the bag in the tree and left it with the resident, who buried the dog with the bag and its other contents in his yard, Assistant Animal Control Officer Linda Schaff said.
After being called about the incident, Schaff went to pick up the dog Sunday, which is when the resident disinterred the animal and turned it over to her.
Anyone with information on the dog is asked to call the shelter at 203-389-5991.
Posted by jwoestendiek March 24th, 2010 under Muttsblog.
Tags: animal control, bag, bloody clothing, connecticut, dead, dogfighting, hanging, hung, linda schaff, necropsy, needles, news, ohmidog!, orange, pit bull, pitbull, puncture wounds, syringes, trash bag, tree