A small dog got wedged in a mechanized reclining chair at an assisted living facility in suburban Chicago and had to be freed by firefighters.
Naperville firefighters used a saw to cut the chair apart, and reported the dog, who belongs to a resident, didn’t appear to have been harmed — either by the chair or the rescue.
Firefighters were called to the Sunrise of Naperville assisted living center Thursday night, the Daily Herald reported. Firefighter/Paramedic Scott Bolda said the dog didn’t appear to be in pain when firefighters arrived on scene. A nurse’s aide was relieving some of the pressure from the chair to help the dog breathe, he said.
Bolda said the chair’s electrical controls stopped working when the dog became wedged, so the only option left was to saw the chair apart.
“It took about five minutes to get him free,” Bolda said. “We’ve never had to rescue a dog like that before.”