We’re not taking credit (or blame) for these, just passing them along, as they were passed along to us — the top 10 Pet Peeves of Dogs:
1. Blaming your farts on me … Not funny … Not funny at all.
2. Yelling at me for barking. I’M A DAMN DOG.
3.Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is this anyway?
4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose. Stop it!
5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you’re not home.
6. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Woo hooo! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.
7. Taking me to the vet for ‘the big snip’, then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back!
8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I haven’t quite mastered that handshake thing yet.
9.Dog sweaters. Hello??? Haven’t you noticed the fur?
10.How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth. You’re just jealous.
Posted by John Woestendiek July 25th, 2009 under Muttsblog.
Tags: barking, behavior, dogs, fake fetch, fart, food, haircut, humor, lick, list, nose, peeves, pet, pet peeves, sniff, sweaters, top ten, walks
Of course, we’re using “ugly” in a nice way. Perhaps we should spell it a different way, like phat instead of fat. How about “uglee?” Something that is uglee, pronounced ug-LEEEE, is so hideous as to actually be cool; whereas ugly, pronounced UG-lee, is, well, just plain ugly with no redeeming value.
Feel free to use my newly coined hip phrase at your will. But back to the contest winners.
Above is Bella, a lab/pit bull mix adopted from the Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society (in Kentucky). Her owner, Megan Fisher, says they call this her “Cosby Sweater” and reports that she loves wearing it.
The other finalists included Kasey, who has outgrown the number being modeled above, and Landon, a Yorkie mix currently up for adoption through PPAWSS, Promoting Pet Adoptions and Welfare in Sulphur Springs (Texas).
Then there was Hot Momma, the Chinese-Crested (a breed that actually needs sweaters) who was submitted by Angela M. Shatzer of Carolina Poodle Rescue in Spartanburg, SC; and Isabel, whose owner notes she “definitely looks like a chub of sausage in this sweater.” Isabel’s not fond of the sweater, but it keeps her from rubbing the hair off her belly.
You can see all the finalists and read about them on Petfinders blog.
But be forewarned, they (the sweaters, not the dogs) are ug-LEEEEEE!
(Photos courtesy of petfinder.com)
Posted by John Woestendiek December 11th, 2008 under Muttsblog.
Tags: apparel, christmas, clothing, contest, dog, dog sweaters, dogs, e-cards, holidays, petfinder, sweaters, uglee, ugly, ugly sweaters