Tag: washington state university
Poisoned meatballs are believed to have killed three dogs in a Spokane neighborhood last week
Several more batches were found Monday on streets in the South Hill neighborhood, KREM-TV reported, though no more pets were reported to have died or fallen ill.
On Friday, one woman saw her dog eat some meatballs on the street and then go into convulsions before dying. A man also had two of his dogs die Friday after eating the meatballs.
Washington State University veterinarians tested a meatball found near the woman’s property last week and confirmed the harmful chemical strychnine was found in it.
Local animal welfare agencies are investigating the incidents and urging pet owners to watch closely over their pets while outside.
The Humane Society of the United States is offering a reward up to $2,500 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the poisonings.
Posted by John Woestendiek February 24th, 2010 under Muttsblog, videos.
Tags: animals, dead, dogs, hsus, humane society of the united states, killed, meatball, meatballs, news, pets, poison, poisoned, poisonous, spokane, strychnine, tests, washington, washington state university