OUR BEST FRIENDS

Pinups for Pitbulls

philadoptables

TFPF_Logo

Mid Atlantic Pug Rescue

Our Pack, Inc.

Maine Coonhound Rescue

Saving Shelter Pets, Inc.

mabb

LD Logo Color

Dog thrown off bridge survives in Lithuania

(WARNING: This video is graphic and disturbing)

A man in Lithuania who arranged to have himself filmed throwing a dog over the side of a bridge — and then posted the video online — was forced to turn himself in today after internet groups tracked him down and outed him.

The video, posted on Lithuanian websites, quickly spread across the Internet, prompting Facebook groups and others to call for him to be brought to justice.

The film, which appeared to have been taken from a mobile phone, showed the man carrying the dog to the side of the bridge. He speaks to the camera, making jokes about the videotaping, and how it will prove dogs can fly, while the dog rests calmly in his arms. Then he nonchalantly drops the dog over the side of the bridge.

The dog survived the fall and its whimpers can be heard on the video.

bridgeOutraged viewers on Lithuanian websites and international sites such as Reddit.com chased after the man’s identity, and police, with help from web users, determined the dog was dropped from a bridge in the Vilkija district in the city of Kaunas, the second largest city in Lithuania.

Police said a website they identified as www.15.min.lt was instrumental in identifying the man as Svajunas Beniuk.

The dog was rescued, received treatment for multiple fractures and internal injuries and was expected to survive. Beniuk was expected to be charged with animal cruelty, according to MailOnline.

(Note: The dog, named Pepper, later died. The updated story can be found here.)

Comments

Comment from jwoestendiek
Time January 19, 2012 at 5:51 pm

V, If you go to the last paragraph of the story you will see in boldface type an update stating the dog died shortly afterwards, and a link directing you to the follow up story.

Comment from Misty
Time January 30, 2012 at 6:34 pm

i hope these’s sick bastards get what is coming for them,,,and yeah there is a place in hell for people like this how in the world could you … do something like this,,that poor puppy is helpless and i just can’t get that out of my head,,,sitting here thinking to myself what was going thru that poor puppys head when he was falling,,,!!! it is a good feeling knowing that the poor puppy survived after that horric fall,,,something needs to be done to people that hurt and kill poor animals,,maybe something like what they do to them they need it to be done to them end of story!!!

Comment from david
Time February 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Dx nx ! blt kaip gaila suniuko.. 🙁 debilai krw slykst?s vapse daunai… tokius tik i elektros kede pasodint nx… blt blt net nuotaika nugedo kaip gaila to suniuko tai negaliu … ;( is kur tokiu iskrypeliu atsiranda… a?i? dievui kad viskas buvo gerai mielu noru pasiimciau ta suniuka… 🙁

Comment from Desdinova
Time February 11, 2012 at 9:31 am

I couldnt even read the damn story for more then just “the dog survived” when i watched that video it made me sooo sick SOOO F***ING MAD!!! i cant and i wont even begin to describe what i felt after reading on and learning that poor Pepper eventually died!!!!!!!!! even after recieving care for the breaks and what could be done to help the damage to his organs, but you can multiply that by about a billion times when someone came to his rescue and loved him enough to try and make his final days free from that monster to live out his days away from sick f***s like that guy GOD DAMMIT I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER!!! BEEN SO DISGUSTED AND ANGRY BEFORE. I hope someone kills that guy before i find him one day. I f i have to tattoo his face to the palm of my hand and spend years wandering his streets holding that hand up to the faces that pass me by looking for him… I cant say that he would ever walk again but he might live and thats only cause i have a heart and i dont know that i could kill even him given the chance as much as i want to and feel like the universe is trying to tell me it put him in my path today so that i can right the wrongs and serve justice for Pepper or ANY living being he ever hurt, I just dont know if i can stay this mad till i find him but he would never be the same i guarantee that much.

Comment from Someone
Time February 25, 2012 at 10:00 am

…….

Comment from Anonymous
Time March 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Thats f***in discustin the little bastards want hanging! Makes me soo f***in angry id love get him by his neck n do the same 2 him maybe 10 time ova! SCUM!

Comment from issy
Time April 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm

sick person. hope someone chucks him of a bridge, see what it feels like.

Comment from lauren
Time April 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm

you are a sick man! it was extreamly lucky the dog survived! they deserve a living hell in prison

Comment from Phink
Time April 29, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Just recently came across this story while “surfing”….. GOD will be his final judge…and judge for all of us in the end.
Research agrees to the following regarding animal cruelty: It is the primary indicator of future violence against people. Soon, animals wont be enough. Perhaps one of his buddies might even be his first victim.
As for the vegetarians of the world, you have a good point. The human race began with hunting and gathering. Its going to be a rough road to illiminating such an engrained nature.

Comment from Anthony
Time May 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Anyone have an update? What happened to the dog and what charges were filed against the monster?

Comment from Alice
Time May 9, 2012 at 12:37 am

OHMYGOD. Poor dog. And it still wags its tail after it was thrown off. They should punish that man by throwing HIM off the bridge.

Comment from melody
Time May 10, 2012 at 2:56 pm

YOU F*cking d*ckhead! &%$@#~*

Comment from jose feliciano
Time May 21, 2012 at 4:28 pm

nada mas decirle al del video cabronazo espero que la justicia le haiga dado lo su yo y haiga tenido su merecido hijo de la gran puticima madre

Comment from Dedokai32
Time May 31, 2012 at 9:45 am

I Wish karmic law was legal, because then the police could throw him off a bridge and see how he likes it.

Comment from Jeremy
Time June 1, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I will f***ing kill you for life in prison

Comment from Roberta
Time June 9, 2012 at 9:45 pm

when i saw this video….. i just felt the blood rushing to my face as i just pictured myself pumping all of these guys in the face. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF is wrong with them…..

Comment from Pissed off
Time June 16, 2012 at 4:31 am

You dumb f*** !!! Rot in hell. U are a f***ing oxygen thief. Your “cameraman” is no better. RIP sweet Pepper.

Comment from Pissed off
Time June 16, 2012 at 4:35 am

Notice how after the fall the dog still wagged it’s tail? Just proves that most dogs are better than most people.

Comment from ryan
Time June 27, 2012 at 8:54 pm

those sick fuc*ing di**s i heard the poor helpless dog whine and scream and lay there if i saw them i would beat there a**es within an ich of there worthless lives fuc* them if i see you i will kill you

Comment from share numbar with chat offline includind of RUSSIAN DOG MAR with colabarationinthe world.
Time July 21, 2012 at 2:10 am

inhumanity

Comment from Antonio
Time August 16, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I really hate that guy!!! Its just a little dog WHO done nothing!!!! He should not be shot in the head he deserves to get his ASS kicked and his bone break for the rest of his life !!! He must suffer !!!

Comment from machine
Time December 9, 2012 at 3:23 am

I thought it was funny,but when I heard the dog scream I started to feel really bad.It’s so funny,because it’s the reaction that you think it’s fake.I guess I still can’t belive people are capable of such things.

Comment from star
Time February 28, 2014 at 9:29 pm

To: ghg Re: “It’s just a dog” …You are nothing but a sick motherf***er. You need your sorry ass to be thrown off a bridge you sick bastard.

Comment from temperament
Time October 14, 2015 at 12:35 am

OMG, how can they do that?

Comment from Christopher LoGiudice
Time December 31, 2015 at 6:53 am

The rage and pain this caused me is terrible. The dog’s cries of pain, confusion, and fear went to the depths of me. If given the chance i would beat this man to death and feel very good about it. A year in jail is a joke. He deserves to die badly.

Comment from Carmen
Time December 31, 2015 at 2:02 pm

I agree with Christopher LoGiudice. How does one beat the crap out of crap? The person taking the video is a heart donor, too — worthless SOS!

Comment from Carmen Gomez Van Acker
Time December 31, 2015 at 2:07 pm

I agree with Christopher LoGiudice. Anyone who would do this deserves to die — should be thrown over the bridge to know how it must have felt! How does one ‘beat-the-crap’ out of ‘crap’? Worthless sac of shit!

Comment from jack